The next day was action packed, I had been told of the rain and famous Glastonbury mud and lucky to say I wasn't disappointed. The heavens opened and poured down its glory into the farmland walked on by thousands. I had no idea mud could even look like it did, the sticky yet watery substance stuck to your shoes leaving you literally "Stuck in the mud" But I'm glad it did because I don't think you've had the experience unless it rains - even just a little bit.
The music overall was wonderful, there had been a lot of controversy in the line up this year (there always is) But I felt the music reflected the atmosphere of the festival, laid-back and at times insane. This year the Rolling Stones played and I can honestly say, I've never seen so many people in my life. We knew it was hopeless trying to get anywhere near the front yet we waited for two hours to get the experience and luckily - it was completely worth it. Jagger was in great health, jumping around the stage like a teen, voice hardly changed and the staging was perfect. Throughout the music a huge robotic Phoenix breathed out fire leaving everyone in awe. It was an experience that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Another memorable experience was the Folk band Mumford and Sons, being a huge, huge Mumford fan I was pretty determined to get as close as possible to see them. I've seen them in concert before, but the sheer magnitude of the festival made this experience extra special.
After five days and nights at the festival, we finally had a warm mug of chai
and sat around with the hippies preparing ourselves for the long wait
of next year's festival. My experience at Glastonbury was something I
believe truly did change me as a person, the atmosphere, the people and
the happiness bursting out of everyone really gives you hope for the
future. BRING ON NEXT YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment